Wednesday 28 September 2011

Smells.........

OH My GOODNESS....... how i love the smells! Smelling is possibly my favourite sense after touching. how can i justify this? Well if you have ever had a blind tasting then you would know that the excitement alone sends your nose into overdrive! Your imagination goes wild with images of every possible thing you are smelling. And of course if you have even the smallest inclination of what my imagination is like then you would know that not only do i smell the actual scent but picture a thousand other things, which are mostly fictitious, but are of the craziest caliber. Delightful i say!
Lets take an example:
Blind tasting one day by choice, so don't even start getting ideas about romance or some sexy hunky man spoiling me, at home with mates as an experiment. (it was actually rather fun, all bringing a secret food fabulous dish and blind tasting)
What i smelled: actual smell was sweet in scent with a almost dusty undercurrent.
What i pictured: what a baby pink cloud would look like in fairy land on a perfect summers day. It was as if i smelled strawberry ice cream cotton candy...... wish that was a real option!
What i tasted: as it was sweet smelling, i had no problem popping the entire morsel into my mouth, the texture is always a surprise.. in this case it was softer than anticipated with a flavour that shot through every happy red blood cell in my body. Because i associated it with pink initially i just pictured all similar happy colour things inside of me being effected.....lips, mouth, cuticle and even the little beauty spot next to my belly button. They all went ballistic and started fidgeting as if they had landed in a vat of red bull
while i was chewing the morsel started out squishy and then finally ended up disintegrating in my mouth leaving me salivating for more. Happy mouth :)
turns out my mad crazy experience only lasted about 1 minute and that it was only a marshmallow (pink)

but back to our smells and why they excite me besides that little insert....it just conjures up all kinds of crazy imaginations that remind me of past and future events. People and places i want to be with or travel to! nothing beats a smell of a sat afternoon braai or the unmistakable scent of the image when smelling sun tan lotion!
Even the shitty smells like tequila after a massive night reminds you of what an epic evening you had bar the fact that you first have to fight down the urge to shoot a cat.

it is yet another amazing day which started off with a happy stroll outside letting my nose tun wild with what are surely hints of summer smells to come!!!
have a flipping nose-nuzzling-nouveau-riche sniffing day!!!!

as its always a oh so coco crazy!

x o x o

No comments:

Post a Comment