Monday 26 September 2011

Candy Canned

So this past Saturday has been fully of fun and sun. Spring is a wonderful time of year and with it comes the naive nature of my winter birds nest brain. It was the most amazing day on Saturday. So much so that i actually picked myself out of bed and straight into my running gear and proceeded to take a 40min jog all around suburbia. Noting the slight heat while i was running but not thinking too much about it as the distinction between me working up a good sweat and the sun were still a little blurred at this time of the mornnig on an empty stomach.
On my arrival home i cooled down and started getting very excited about the rest of my weekend.
showered and pampered myself, doing my hair and dressing in summery outfits. This is unusual for me as i am more of a throw-on-a-pair-jean pant kind of girl.
Being the most incredible day thus far after winter i refuse to sit in the house. I take myself and my latest love outside for some quiet time.....reading in the sun!
Unaware of the time i have spent outside i just realize that its getting a little warm out here and decide to change in to a pair of shorts and a slinglet. In the back of my mind i am toying with the idea that you could possibly get a tan in this weather but ignore it as its only spring.
next thing you know i am sweating and decide that getting a little colour could well be in the cards and yet again run to change, this time braving my bikini.
Boy is this a great book and thanks to the lack of clothing now covering my body do i completely forget about the time and sit happily reading. Please note that i was sitting and not lying or in any other position for that matter as i was transfixed by this book.
As i walked back into the house my mom almost died rolling on the floor with laughter and then yelled at me. She points out my sensational tan!
HOLY CRAP!!!!!
I look as if i belong on a Christmas tree or outside a barber shop. This would not have been the problem if i were a super model, but alas i am a normal sized lass who has a few pleats when scrunch up reading on a chair. Once standing thought these pleats disappear and i am left with a beautiful red stripe, white stripe, red stripe and white stripe on my belly.......... IDIOT!!!

So here are a few tips on tanning which i received from a friend who made me write them down after viewing my burnt belly:
1. always put sun block on, even if its only factor 15
2. ly at the angle so your body and shadow are aligned
3. rotate every 15min
4. no strings or optimal option is no clothing
5. face = no tanning ever so always keep it covered! (sunglasses tan is a bitch to correct)

hope this has brightened your Monday!

chi chi xx coco

1 comment:

  1. Hi Coco, how do you get it right to always be so happy! Life can not always be so perfect or is it? Also can you not lighten up your blog a bit.. it is so dull. Flowers, colour or anything interesting to make up for the content!
    I would acctually like to meet you and see if you are as it seems.
    Talk again soon

    ReplyDelete